A Look Back at 2022
Sunday, January 1, 2023
Matthew 25:35-36 (ESV)
Dear Friends,In a few hours we will be welcoming a new year, 2023. We did not want this year to end without saying "Thank You" for your prayers and support throughout 2022.
"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visted me."
When we look back at 2022, it was indeed a tumultuous year for Haiti. The political instability, gangs controling the livihood of people in major cities, fuel shortages and its rippling effect, and all the above caused even more intense hardship on the very poor.
But praise be to God, in the midst of such hardship, He remains faithful and blessed your partnership to see the following happen:
- 4,370 conversions in 2022 in 5 departments/states
- Over 5,215 patients seen by ESMI medical teams in Cayes, Jeremie, and Gonaives
- Total of 38 homes built for 2021 Earthquake victims
- 5 new churches builtOver 8,500 students fed in schools
- 350 pastors in training
- 13 Agronomy students from the University of Jeremie (UJ) are writing their thesis this month
- UJ Nursing Students graduation in October 2022 - photo above
- September food drive: funds matched and 40,000 familes fed
- And many more that we don't have space to highlight but only to say...
VISION 2023 - Prayer Requests
EVANGELISM: Church Planting & Leadership Development
EVANGELISM: Church Planting & Leadership DevelopmentThis is the heart of ESMI. The best way to reach the lost is through training leaders for church planting. We are doing this by partnering with professors from Miami International Theological Seminary (MINTS), Metro Atlanta Seminary, and Leadership Resources in Chicago. Our pastors and leaders are being trained in person and via zoom in Montreal, Canada; Winter Haven, Florida; Haiti and Dominican Republic.
Photo above: Pastors in Gonaives gifted with book from ministry partner in Macon, Georgia.
- Pray for our pastors in Haiti. The ministry in Haiti continues to move forward because of their leadership. Pray that God will provide resources to assist them in caring for their families and their congregation. It's not too late to gift a pastor from the 2022 Christmas catalog with a motorcycle or assist him in caring for his family click here
- Pray for God's wisdom and guidance as we begin ground work for a second church plant in Central Florida in early 2023.
- Progress is being made in building a youth center on the El Shaddai Community Church campus in Winter Haven, FL. Pray that God will use this center to reach the youth in the community and beyond
- Pray for resources to plant 12 churches in Haiti.
God's provision of resources needed to complete two new school buildings.
- Thankful for donations received to build 10 homes. Pray for 52 families still in need of homes.
- Because of the current situation, the need for food is ongoing. Pray for resources to fprovide food for 50,000 families.
In August, Louis and Martina celebrated the weddings of their two sons and thier brides: Kristofer (their eldest) with Sandra, and Itzak (their 4th) with Adrianna. The St. Germain family joined together in Alberta, Canada for these two joyous occasions. It was a blessing to hear fun testimonies of their lives growing up on the mission field in Haiti.
Photo: Louis and Martina with their growing family at Kris and Sandra's wedding..
Thanks to those who joined us in prayer via zoom on October 31. God is working as we already see some small changes in Haiti. And finally, thank you once again for your prayers and generous financial support in 2022.
We look forward to what God will do as we partner together,for His glory in 2023.
A blessed and wonderful new year to you and your family!
WAYS TO GIVE
To donate online, go to the DONATE NOW button
Send a check to:
El Shaddai Ministries Int'l, Inc.
c/o The Keyes Company
2121 SW 3rd Avenue, Suite 101
Miami, FL 33129
Subscribe To Our Blog
04/03/2019 - ESMI Education in Haiti: Where
10/24/2018 - Haiti Construction Trip Recap
10/15/2018 - Travel to Haiti
02/07/2023 - Food Crisis: Matching Fund Foo
01/01/2023 - A Look Back at 2022
09/14/2022 - Summer Update
04/21/2022 - Spring Update
12/30/2021 - Year In Review
10/18/2021 - Looking-Beyond-Haitis-Turmoil
09/27/2021 - Phase III - $500,000 Matching
09/06/2021 - Bless the Lord, O My Soul Mon
08/31/2021 - Rebuilding SW Haiti - The Long
08/27/2021 - Because You Gave Generously...
08/25/2021 - Serving the Nippes Communities
08/22/2021 - Worshiping God in the Midst of
08/20/2021 - Marveling at God's Faithful Pr
08/19/2021 - Earthquake Update: Thursday, A
08/17/2021 - Earthquake Update: Tuesday, Au
08/16/2021 - Earthquake Update: Monday, Aug
08/14/2021 - Today's 7.2 Magnitude Earthqua
03/03/2021 - $50,000 Matching Fund Food Dri
11/16/2020 - Giving Thanks in the Midst of
08/11/2020 - Ministry Amidst Pain, Loss, an
04/15/2020 - Ministry Amidst COVID-19
01/11/2020 - Happy New Year 2020!
12/19/2019 - God's Intervention - Answered
12/02/2019 - Thanksgiving Update - Food Rel
11/26/2019 - $50k Matching Fund
11/26/2019 - Update-Food Relief Effort
11/02/2019 - Haiti-ESMI Prayer Request
10/24/2019 - Haiti - A Country in Turmoil,
10/08/2019 - Keep Praying With Me for Haiti
10/04/2019 - Help Me Pray for Haiti
09/27/2019 - Update from Dony and Sharon St
05/21/2019 - Haiti News Spring 2019
04/23/2019 - CLT March 2019 Board Meeting
03/06/2019 - March Update: Continued Constr
02/20/2019 - Feb Update: New Church Buildin
02/07/2019 - Another Gonaives Church Plant
02/07/2019 - Gonaives Church Plant-Pastor E
01/23/2019 - University of Jeremie Celebrat
10/28/2018 - April 2018 Newsletter
10/28/2018 - October 2018 Newsletter
01/03/2018 - 2017 Year End Update